Isagenix is My Food - My Food is My Supplement

Isagenix is My Food - My Food is My Supplement

Friday, November 12, 2010

Vegetarian Chili

Hey gang!

Yesterday, I made a delicious vegetarian chili and one of my gratitude buddies asked me to share the recipe. Since I wrote it out, I thought I'd post it here. It was sooo good!! Sorry ... I don't measure anything. I do everything to taste.

Ingredients:
  • two chopped onions,
  • 1 chopped shallot,
  • 4 chopped garlic cloves,
  • a bunch of collards chopped (you can substitute with Swiss chard, spinach, kale or even rapini if you like)
  • 1 can of low sodium diced tomatoes
  • 1 can of tomato paste,
  • 2 cans of low sodium chick (garbanzo) peas,
  • two-three cans of water.
  • a nice big pinch of sea salt,
  • cracked pepper,
  • cayenne pepper
  • a small handful of dried chili pepper

Sautée the first four ingredients. Then add the other ingredients. Bring to boil and then simmer until you get the consistency you want.

Separately, I cooked up a combination of quinoa and fonio.

I ground about a cup of pumpkin seeds.

Near the end of the simmering process, I add these last two ingredients. Enjoy!

No comments: