Isagenix is My Food - My Food is My Supplement

Isagenix is My Food - My Food is My Supplement

Friday, November 12, 2010

Vegetarian Meal Balls

Hello again ...

Someone asked me the other day for my recipe for vegetarian meat balls ... I thought I'd share it here:

Ingredients:
  • chopped and sautéed onion (1 large), garlic (to taste) and portabello mushrooms (2 large),
  • ground walnuts (about 1 cup),
  • ground hemp seed, pumpkin seed, flax seed (about 1 cup combined)
  • about 1 cup of cooked quinoa and/or fonio,
  • rice bread crumbs (about 1/4 cup or just enough to bind),
  • 1 egg scrambled,
  • spices (salt, pepper, oregano, basil),
  • organic soya sauce (about 1/4 cup)
  • water as needed to help binding

Sautée onions, garlic and mushrooms. Add remaining ingredients. Form balls and bake at 350 degrees F until firm.

Alternatively, if you don't want to include egg and you are not gluten intolerant:

Ingredients:

  • chopped, sautéed onion, garlic and mushrooms
  • 4 cups of oatmeal
  • 4 cups of water
  • 1/4 cup of soya sauce
  • ground seeds and nuts
  • spices

Sautée the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Then add the other ingredients. Simmer for about 20 minutes to half an hour. Let cool. Form into balls and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

These freeze nicely too. I don't really measure anything ... I just throw everything in a bowl and kind of go by feel.

No comments: