Isagenix is My Food - My Food is My Supplement

Isagenix is My Food - My Food is My Supplement

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sue Field's B & B

Well, little did I know that last night when I mentioned "broth and bath" that I would be starting my own B & B......LOL

So, here is the Broth Recipe....enjoy any day, but especially on a cleanse day when you are hunkering for a hot beverage. In my case, assisting Cody to eat her meals while cleansing can be somewhat of a challenge. I am grateful that I now can have a "bowl of soup" that is nutritious and delicious.

BROTH:
NOTE: Vary according to your taste
3 Litres of Water in a large pot
1 large chopped onion
2 sliced carrots
1 cup of daikon or white radish root and tops (ideal, but optional)
1 Cup of winter squash cut into large cubes
1 cup of root vegetables: turnips, parnsnips, rutabagas for sweetness
2 cups of chopped greens: Kale, Parsley, Beet Greens, collard greens, chard, dandelion, cilantro or other greens
2 celery stalks
1/2 cup of seaweed: nori, dulse, wakame, kelp , or kombu
1/2 cup of cabbage
4 1/2 inch slices of fresh ginger
2 cloves of whole garlic (not chopped or crushed) sea salt to taste
If available, ou can add 1 cup of fresh or dried shitake or maitake mushrooms. (these have powerful immune-boosting properties_
Add all the ingredients at once and place ona low boil for approximately 60 minutes or longer (boil to taste)
Cool, strain (THROW OUT THE COOKED VEGETABLES) and stone in a large, tightly sealed glass container in the fridge.
Simply heat gently and drink at least 3 to 4 cups a day
Makes approximately 8 cups
NOTE: feel free to mix, match and vary the vegetables to create your own variation fo the broth
CLEAN the vegetables well and scrub the root vegetables
ENJOY!!!
 
 
BATH
Fill your tub with HOT water.....hot!!!
2 cups of Epsom salt
1 cup of baking soda
10 drops of lavendar
SOAK for 20 minutes
 
Wrap yourself in a towel and go to bed to "sweat" for twenty minuets more and then remove the towels and go to sleep!
 
Benefits:
Relaxation of your nervous system and lowering of cortisol through the use of lavender oil, which promotes weight loss and lowers inflammation
Enhancement of detoxification through the effects of the magnesium and sulfur in the Epsom salts
Enhanced sleep through the effects of the hot bath and magnesium
Alkalinization of your body through the use of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) which promotes and ideal PH for healing, detoxification, and optimal cellular function
Increased circulation and increased heart rate, which serves as a form of passive exercise
Lowered blood pressure and blood sugar levels
Increased heart rate variability, a sign of a healthy nervous system and reduced stress
Increased sweating and elimination of toxins
(As taken from The ULTRA Mind Solution, Mark Hyman, M.D.)
ENJOY!!!
 
Got to thinking I should have done this as a document.......but I didn't and if you care to, please send it back to me and others on the list!
Have a blessed day
Sue

1 comment:

Linda Doran Viscardis said...

Thanks for the B & B. will try it next week.

Maria