Isagenix is My Food - My Food is My Supplement

Isagenix is My Food - My Food is My Supplement

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Seeking food/meal alternatives!!! Please help!

Hello everyone!

Here is a very exciting idea - at least I hope you think it's as exciting as I think it is!! : )

I have posted on this blog some ideas around food alternatives, but we're constantly seeking healthy alternatives and learning new things.

If any of you have some things you've found that fit with your new healthy lifestyle, please share them here!

Below are two things I've discovered recently:
  • do you love couscous but you're trying to avoid wheat and gluten? Try Fonio! You can get this from Joanne's. It cooks up just like couscous! It's wheat and gluten free, organic and non-GMO. The cost is very reasonable and it seems to make twice the volume as other grains. (i.e. 1/4 cup of cooked Fonio is about the same as 1/2 cup of rice or other grain)
  • Lia has found an amazing pasta alternative. It is Tink Yada spaghetti made by Pasta Joy. It is a whole grain rice pasta that cooks up just like whole wheat pasta! This is reasonably priced and available at Price Chopper. Thank you, Lia, for sharing this!!! We Italian families simply MUST find the very best pasta available! : )

Please add to this list by clicking the Comments link below.

1 comment:

Linda Doran Viscardis said...

I'm sure you all have visited the "Green" aisle at the Loblaw Superstore.

I had company coming on Sunday (celebrating my in-laws' 55th wedding anniversary) and we wanted to provide dessert. However, we did not want to deny Laura, who simply cannot have wheat/gluten.

I found a wheat-free, gluten-free brownie mix at the Superstore. It was delicious! Now, it still had sugar, etc. but it was something that Laura could eat.

I cut tiny one-inch squares, and everyone enjoyed them with a little ricecream (that's frozen rice ice cream, for those of us who do not eat dairy - also available at Superstore). Delicious!!!